1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files, normally consisting of letters and numbers, that are created on behalf of Epics when you visit its Euroscreen Fast website. A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. These cookies, placed on your device (computer, telephone, tablet), can be used to identify or to collect information about you.
2. What types of cookies are there?
Cookies can be classified as follows, depending on the owner:
- First-party cookies: They are created, sent to your computer and stored by the website you are visiting directly. They allow Epics to collect customer analytics data, remember language settings, and carry out other useful functions that help provide a good user experience.
- Third-party cookies: They are created and placed by third parties other than the website you are visiting directly. They are not managed by Epics, but by the third party that processes data obtained from the cookies.
- Cookies can also be classified depending on the purpose of their placement. Main categories are:
- Strictly necessary cookies (technical): The cookies that allow you to browse a website, platform or app, and use the various options or services on it (e.g., control traffic, identify data or session, access restricted access sections or content, etc.).
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies help Epics to make the website usable by providing you some basic features and remember your preferences and choices of using Epics’ website (e.g., language, the region from where the service is accessed, etc.). Not accepting cookies may cause slow website performance or poorly adapted recommendations.
- Statistics cookies: Statistics cookies allow Epics to provide a better understanding of how you interact with the website.
- Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies allow Google to monitor your activities on the website. The aim is to display advertisements that are meaningful and attractive to you and therefore more useful to third party publishers and advertisers, as well as to make promotional and specific information available to you on the website.
Cookies may also be separate in two categories in relation to the period for which they are stored:
- Session cookies. Session cookies allow Epics to recognize and link your actions during a browsing session. When you go to the login page, these temporary cookies will be created to determine whether or not your browser accepts cookies.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies are placed on your device between sessions. They can be used to remember your preferences or actions on Epics‘ website.
Cookies in no way give Epics access to your computer or any information other than the data you choose to share with Epics.
Concretely, these cookies help to improve the functioning of the Euroscreen Fast website of Epics and can be used for several purposes:
- Help you connect to a website;
- Analyze traffic to a website;
- Monitor your browsing behavior;
- Recognize your device;
- Make the website more efficient.
If you want to know more, please refer to the section 5.
4. How to manage cookies?
You are able to accept or decline cookies when you enter Euroscreen Fast‘s website and see the cookies notice. Alternatively, you can manage your cookie preferences through your browser settings. However, in some cases, some functions of the website may not work.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org or https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Find out how to manage cookies on those popular browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit – http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. Who placed cookies?
The information stored on cookies is only used by Epics, except those identified in section II as “Third-party cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities to provide Epics services aimed at improving Epics‘ services and your experience when browsing on the website.
Epics works with the following third-parties:
- Google Ads Optimization
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Advertising
- Google Doubleclick
Please note that Epics do not have any control over how the information in these cookies is used nor does have access to it. Please refer to the cookies policies of the relevant provider for more information.
If there are any questions regarding this cookies notice, you may contact Epics using the information below.